Kickstarter Fund Raiser for Debut LP
Apologies for the intrusion, but I feel I either know you well enough to intrude slightly, or you're on my mailing list through request.
As you may or may not know, I've been working on my solo music project's debut vinyl LP Noise Floor Music for the last 2+ years. I'm now in the final stages of this independent project, but I have a problem: the album is just beyond my financial reach. In an effort to bring the LP to fruition, however, I initiated a Kickstarter fund raiser on 2 March 2010:
The site contains more information about the project, including a video pitch, a prospectus (kind of), and links to demo audio samples of music that will eventually end up on the album. (There are also links to audio samples in the Tracklisting section on the right.) Whether you pledge $1, $20, or nothing, I'd super appreciate your talking about the music, if you like what you hear. So, Facebook about it. Twitter about it. Chat about it.
Kindest and warmest musical regards,
Noise Floor Music
PS Please forward this email/link to anyone you know who is a lover of electronic music, or to someone with millions of dollars in disposable ca$h.
Tracklisting (of demos)
- Ten Years Late
- Ambient jazzy downtempo electronica
- Heat (The Hyper–Stereo Drum Mix)
- Dark minimalist R&B NY urban groove electronica
- My Only Witness
- Dark minimalist electronica
- Ambient minimalist groove–oriented electronica
- The Fear of Art (Part Human, Part Machine Mix)
- Acoustic–electric post electronica
- The Dedication (Remix)
- Dark IDM electronica
- Always There
- Don't Stop
- Jazzy downtempo stream of consciousness electronica
- Cold Makes Sadder
- Acoustic instrumental indie rock folk
- Electronic–inspired acoustic instrumental indie rock folk
There are three new tracks that might make it onto the album, if time permits.
One last note: next month (April 2010), I will be presenting some of the music from the upcoming album in short, 15–minute, customized 5.1 surround sets. You can read about it at http://roy.vanegas.org/itp/thesis.